My favorite part of a giraffe is its neener-neeners


Giraffe Birthday Cake
Chocolate cake; Rice Krispies; Vanilla Buttercream

Last week, we celebrated the 14th birthday of the "H" in SHAM Bakery - our sister, Haley. She asked for a giraffe cake and boy did she get one! Standing at 24" tall, this project made me wish I'd majored in architecture in college.


Happy Birthday, Little One!

Did you know the little nubs on a giraffe's head (which we at the bakery dubbed "neener-neeners") are horns? One of my favorite things about running a bakery is that I've become a sort of jack-of-all-trades. I can tell you intimate details about the internal architecture of a piano, what the face of a tiki tells you about its god, and yet I can come with no reason why a giraffe should be able to stand (much less walk!) on such skinny, little legs. One of life's many mysteries, I suppose.

Here are a few extra pictures you can check out:



Ciao.

Comments