12 months in 12 minutes

My sincerest apologies to all my loyal SHAM readers. The last year has been insane in the membrane and left me with many lingering things on my to-do list, including this blog. Without wasting another moment of your time, please prepare yourself for the abridged version of the last year of SHAM awesomeness.

In no particular order, the following are our favorite SHAMtastic cakes of the last 12 months:

Oilers Grooms Cake
This cake was for the wedding of a friend of mine from High School. The flavor was freakin' awesome and my new favorite (in fact, I made it for Easter and ate most of it myself). It was a chocolate stout cake (made with real Guiness) with Godiva liqueur chocolate buttercream frosting. The best part was the filling: fresh raspberries. Super yummy!



I was reluctant to post this cake out on the public domain of the InterWeb, but by popular demand and much insistence from friends and family, here it comes:
the Bachelorette Party cake.



Canoe Cake
This was a fun, sculptural piece that we were able to make for a surprise birthday party. But better than hearing it from me, listen to what she had to say about the cake and the event on her blog:




The Dodge Challenger Cake
This car was skillfully built and decorated by the S of SHAM, herself. This picture really doesn't do the car justice... anyone want to get rid of a nice camera? I'm not above begging. Camera pilfering aside, this car was used on Brian's birthday cake. Brian is a huge car enthusiast and his son, Velton, is a huge Rice Krispie enthusiast so we think both parties were very satisfied.


80's MTV cake
This cake was made for two rockin' birthday boys who were born in 1980. Friends and family celebrated with everything 80's: music, spandex, neon color, and an MTV cake, of course! The backdrop of the cake had twinkling stars which lit up the room; the birthday message was written with "tape" (fondant) from a cassette; and the astronaut Oh Mickey-ed 'til his little lungs could Oh Mickey no more.



SHAM Bakery featured on Cake Wrecks
...and we're proud of it!
Our Star Trek cake inspired lots of debate on one of Cake Wrecks' Sunday Sweets posts a while back. Put your Trekkie hat on and enjoy the show!



My May resolution (four months late but better late than never!) is to be better about posting here and on Facebook.

I'm out like The Rock's deodorant in FF5.


Comments

  1. As impressive as your cakes are I really don't appreciate looking at canoe cakes with my three children who are 7, 5 and 2 and.finding your penis cake!!! Sure your friends and family wouldn't want their kids to see it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment